Saturday 4 February 2023

Cooking

So Binnie was quite smart when she set up the house.  She got a dual gas/electric stove.

Thus, if the power happens to go out, she can still cook with gas. Similarly, if the cylinder every runs out, then she can use electricity.

Thus, this morning's chore was to get our empty cylinder exchanged for a new one.

This took us to 3 different shops before we found one that had cylinders.

Back home I lugged the cylinder to the back of the house and went in search of the regulator.

Luckily it was close at hand on the shelf in the garage.

I locked the cylinder to the chain embedded in the wall.   Things not tied down in the village tend to disappear quite quickly!!

Then I had to cut a short length off the rubber hose since it was blocked and then re-attached the regulator using the small clamp.  Back in business!!

Luckily on our last trip to Thamaga from Canada I loaded up one of my suitcases with a lot of tools from Canadian Tire.  Exacto knife, screwdrivers, wrenches. plyers, etc.  Makes small projects relatively easy to do and gets me bonus points!

Our dual stove.

Of course, I picked the cabinets and counter top.  NOT!


Cylinder all set up and ready to be used.  Note chain.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Video - inside the house

 Inside the House - Part 1 In the House - Part 2